Thursday, May 6, 2010

IF LIFE...

IF LIFE…


If life was perfect I would still have my husband, but I don’t.
If life was perfect I wouldn’t worry about my future, but I do.
If life was perfect I wouldn’t have to ask for help but I must.
If life was perfect all my children and grandchildren would live close by, but they don’t.
If life was perfect I wouldn’t have to think about finances ever again, but I have too.
If life was perfect nothing would break down, or wear out, but they do.
If life was perfect friends would not move away or fade away but they do.
If life was perfect sickness would not affect my world, but it will.
If life was perfect I would remain strong enough to maintain my home, but I won’t.
If life was perfect I would find love again but it’s doubtful.
If life was perfect I wouldn’t grow old but I will.
If life was perfect I wouldn’t die alone, but perhaps I will.
If life was perfect all things would be perfect but heaven must wait.

If I keep my eyes on the Lord and believe His promises to me in complete trust and obedience than all of these anxieties and frustrations are for naught, so I will.
If I continue to say “I cannot” it is saying You are not sustaining and protecting me, so I won’t.
If I abnormally examine my inner self or look at the future with dread then I am not ‘kept by the power of God’, so I will not.
If I give up because I have been through trials and disappointments and discount God’s mercy, I am not trusting Him, so I shall not.
If I don’t ‘cast my burden upon the Lord’ I am not committing it to Him so I will.
If I hang on to my own weakness and not let go and let God I am diminishing His dominion over me, so I won’t.
If I do not see God at work in all my circumstances than I am not believing in His sovereignty, so I will.
If I believe that faithfulness to Jesus is stepping out of my own understanding even when I can’t see the outcome, than I am deliberately committing my life to Him, and I have.

“In all these things we are more than conquerors, through Him who loved us” Romans 8:37

1 comment:

  1. This was sweet to read. And, yes, if life was perfect, we'd have no need for our God, our Savior, our Provider, our Healer....glad for the imperfection that lets our God be so perfect! Thanks for the words!

    ReplyDelete