Monday, February 4, 2013

He Cares for me.....

I felt the desire to write this bright, brisk beautiful winter morning. It has been months since that feeling has prompted me to sit a spell and give way to some thoughts. September, the last blog, seems a long past memory, yet upon reading through my musings then, it dawns on me that things really don't change that much with the seasons. By that I mean, I've found something fascinating and wonderful about each one. Winter is upon us in full force, perhaps one of the harshest I can remember with it's bone chilling degree's. Just as with life itself, we prepare for each season differently and this particular winter was no exception. Bundling up to fight against the cold and brutality, we don our parka's, pull on our weatherproof boots and mittens, fasten the straps to our ridiculous looking caps and head out to face the elements. If prepared, we can face anything. I choose to be prepared. While my winter season is not yet upon me, I, along with my Lord and Savior will face it with determined enthusiasm! Oh boy! I didn't mean to get all philosophical! In fact, I'm enjoying this 'fall' season just fine and plan to do so for many years to come! Gotta say though, it's challenging, and can be somewhat tiring. Battling the bulge, disguising the gray hairs, tackling the bad knee with replacement, covering the age spots, confusing the person in the mirror with my mom, and the list goes on! For the serious minded, this can be devastating...for the not so serious minded, it has a comical side too it,...one must keep from fixating on these apparent appearances of the aging process or go totally beserk! Sometimes I laugh so hard I cry! No matter what lies ahead (and my hope is in heaven!) I know one thing for certain: Isaiah 46:4 "I will be your God through all your lifetime, yes, even when your hair is white with age. I made you and I will care for you. I will carry you along and be your Savior." I'm not old, I'm just a little worn around the edges! I still believe in love, I believe I can do all things through Christ, I believe I still have the capability to bless others, I believe there is blue sky above, even when my days are cloudy, I believe I still have purpose, I believe I am the apple of His eye and what could be more marvelous than that! "White hair is a crown of glory and is seen most among the godly"...Proverbs 16:31.....perhaps I shall forego the coloring this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment