Monday, June 4, 2012

I'm Home

The stillness of the morning brought a sense of peace. The pond was a reflection pool with various shades of green from the nearby trees and bushes that surrounded it and made it a safe haven for the multitude of wildlife that casually tip toed to it's edge for a quick drink. I sat in the silence allowing it to gently wrap it's touch around me. I'm home. Perhaps not the last place I will reside, as the years and the Lord only hold that secret, but for now I feel settled, secure and grateful. It was a long, emotional journey from beginning to now, but as I've repeated 100's of times, well worth the wait. What has it taught me? That I wasted my energy worrying, ranting, loosing sleep and all that goes with distrust, instead of stepping back and letting my Lord handle the burden. Oh, He prodded me several times and brought me back to His presence, but I would slip back into human nature and find myself in turmoil once again until His Holy Spirit would whisper..."leave it to me." Finally, I rested in Him and began to repeat, 'it is what it is, and the Lord who created the universe can surely handle this tiny piece of humanity without my intervention!' Sweet release! We create our own confusion, but I guess we need to go through it to see the futility of our anxiousness. Let go and let God, is more than a nice saying, ...it should resonate through our lives, truly giving Him all the glory. I rested my head on the back of the patio chair, staring into an infinite sky, so blue beyond description that it's vastness nearly overwhelms. Here am I, a tiny speck in the scheme of things, yet knowing that He loves and cares for me as if I'm the only one. How does one say thank you to that? How does one even comprehend that? Yet I know it to be true, and my heart sings along with the chorus of birds that have begun their morning concert. His eye is on the sparrow...and I KNOW He watches me! Thus begins another chapter in my life. I pray God's richest blessings on my home, on the family and friends who enter in and on all that He allows to be placed before me on this perhaps the last home I will have. I will cherish His gift, His care, protection and love. I've entered this portion of life alone, but not really...His presence allows me to walk in confidence knowing He IS in control and He WIll provide all my needs according to His riches in glory....yes, I'm home, and all glory goes to my Lord and Savior.

7 comments:

  1. Beautifully said, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you !! I am here reading your words , yet there experiencing everything
    Through your descriptive Interpretation..
    Your thoughts are beautifully said through words that illuminate the page
    Love you like no other,
    Patsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too good to me sis! My heart is so full now that I actually cannot put into words how I feel. Glad a little of it comes through!
      Love you bunches!

      c

      Delete
  3. Claudia I wish I had just half of the love that fills your heart ... I know I do but I still worry about everything where you have come to total peace within yourself. Everything step you have made I made too but made some mistakes along the way. The Lord keeps walking beside me as I need him now. I am so very proud of you and your heart and sole are beautiful. I am getting their. Love Gail

    ReplyDelete