Wednesday, April 10, 2013

ATTITUDE....

As it was pointed out to me by a nameless friend from Virginia, it has been awhile since I've blogged, but at least I have been consistant at being inconsistant! My intentions are pure, my actions slow, but I have no excuses. Yesterday, as a Mentor Mom at our Local MOPS group, I witnessed and was touched by an outstanding lady who spoke to the group with such conviction on how we as women should view ourselves. Not by Ourselves, Others or Occurrences but by how God see's us! We are His, He loves us, He died for us, so there is no greater love than this even though outside factors tend to beat away at our subconscious in ways that lend themselves to our poor self-esteem. When the evil one tries to pull us into that pit of lies girls, we need to look UP! No matter what we've done, said, neglected, felt or been done too, if we know Jesus as our Lord and Savior we are royalty and wear the crown of the King! Now that good news busts my buttons...how about you?!! Why do I feel the need to acknowledge this good news? Well, I've been guilty for a long time of self-pity, neglectfullness, and the worst, feeling unfullfilled expectations. This has resulted in misunderstandings, hurt feelings and alienation from family and some good friends. Damage that hopefully can be repaired with my determination to rectify and change these unfortunate things. I thank God I have a family member who loves to 'fix' things and came to me with a list of my negative actions that I was only remotely aware of. Expecting others to reach out to me, provide me with happiness, turn my loneliness into joy, seems to be the areas of concern. Yes, it is time I turn myself outward and deep six the expectations that are completely self-serving and begin to find the happiness in giving. Revelation lightens the soul! Because I have also been told some of my blogs are 'depressing' I must try to keep them on the lighter side, I, however, created this blog to express my feelings during some very difficult times so perhaps if they come across a little too deep, it is time to stop reading them. Just saying.....but thanks for putting up with my ups and downs and expressions, sometimes very personal in nature. I won't say it will never happen again, as this is my venue of expression...but I surely will try to be more upbeat ok? I really need to close with this quote I read today that I'm CERTAIN was written just for me! (LOL...more self serving!). "Be grateful simply for being alive. When you are grateful for life pure and simple, your life becomes one you can be grateful for. That may strike you as circular or even backward logic, but your attitude really does have an effect on how things work out. When you can't change your life any other way, you CAN still change your attitude! When you do, your life changes. You find more chances to love, and you will be surprised to see how much more love is returned to you. The next time some says, 'it's a lovely day' try saying "YES IT IS!". Today is always the best day of your life!" Blessings to those who love me warts and all and I ask forgiveness to those I've taken advantage of by expectations that should not have been required. Much gratitude to the one who loved me enough to share with me the shortcomings that dragged me down. You are loved! Sometimes silence is required, sometimes it is in the spoken word that brings healing and forgiveness.

4 comments:

  1. We all respond to happenings in our lives in both predictable ways and in our own way. Most folks understand predictable responses others might have to life events and know that "this too shall pass".

    We have a more difficult time understanding how people respond to life events "in their own way". However, those that truly love one another, understand that standing by someone who is having a difficult time is the right thing to do, no matter how that person is responding to the events of life.

    Claudia, you are loved my many including me, your brother and more importantly God. Know that and build on that... a great foundation.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Doug, I will. Your unconditional love is apparent. It's difficult to fathom how my actions have alienated people I love, but I'm surely going to work on it. I think we all want and need to be loved..... I love you brother!

      Delete
  2. Well, add me to the list of those who love you dearly! I have never felt like your blog posts were "downers", but that they were simply vulnerable and honest. I've always been challenged to have gratitude for this season of life, as you've shared your heart on how fleeting this season really is. I can't imagine what you must feel not having Dennis by your side everyday, and expressing that helps me have gratitude for things that could easily be taken for granted!

    You keep your heart soft, your thoughts and words honest, and your chin up! I'm sure if there is any repairing of relationships, you will be gracious and humble in that.

    Just a random thought: maybe you need a sweet little furry companion to share your home with? Don't turn into a crazy cat lady or anything! :)

    Love to you,
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I purpose to always have a teachable reference in my blogs but can see how they may not be seen. Hey! I have a cat! (Not my fav thing but still a warm body!


      Love you!

      Delete