Friday, November 27, 2009

Expectancy....Nostalgia

I've been sitting by the fireplace knitting while my new CD of piano Christmas music music plays in the background. As the dusk began to settle around the day, I stepped onto the porch and clicked on the Christmas lights for the first time this year. Thanksgiving gives way to a magical season, a season filled with nostalgia, of warm Christmas' past, of hope for a fulfilling future and just a sense of peace. This is my third Christmas alone. I've toned down the decorating inside and out and have begun my own style of being. It feels good, but also I feel a quiet stirring deep down, that doesn't want to let go of everything that we previously shared. That's ok, for I know I can move on yet hold dear to the sharing, warmth, laughter and love of all those years. Life is like that...it gives us blessed memories that we can tuck away in our heart, yet life also encourages us to go forward and seek fulfillment and an abundant life that our Lord so wants for us.
I settle back down into my chair, purposely leaving the lamp unlit, feeling the warmth and coziness of the fire and the soft beautiful music playing. I can see the reflection of the twinkling lights up front...ah yes, the Christmas season is upon us. Savoring the moment, I sigh, and whisper a prayer of praise to the One whose name we celebrate,..Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment