Sunday, November 8, 2009

Grief to Sorrow to Joy

Tomorrow a friend will be going through the third anniversary of her husbands death. Her journal indicates that she has journeyed from the bitterness of grief to the realization that sorrow will no doubt remain forever, but the hope of future joy is a possibility. For those of us who have lost a spouse, those steps come in very individual paces,..some faster than others, and some who seem to hold on to their grief because they feel it's all they have left. We can never compare our grief with another's. I, like her, feel so much gratitude toward my friends who joined me on Daily Strength as we shared our tears, our victories, our dips into depression, our triumphs, but most of all the deep friendships that were formed through the most difficult time a person must endure. Although I've moved on from the DS site, I will forever cherish the love that was shown, the compassion we shared and the friendships formed. I will gently tuck them away in a special place in my heart and perhaps pull them out once in awhile to remember that God truly provided a way through each one of them. We needed one another, we loved one another we helped one another.
My personal journey is leading me to the path of joy. I don't know what lies ahead, there are so many questions, so many hurdles, but God in His grace and mercy will clear that path for me , therefore I will simply follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment